The OSU College of Engineering supports and maintains a High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC) for research use. All servers are connected to both the primary engineering network as well as a second private high speed network for improved performance of parallel jobs. The HPCC has the following properties: jobs as well as InfiniBand low latency high speed network connection.
* A mix of EM64T (136 systems with 652 CPU’s) and AMD64 (47 systems with 130 CPU’s) giving a total of 782 CPU’s with a total of 2.3 TB RAM and an estimated performance of 7.414 Terra Flops
*A mix of EM64T (159 systems with 948 CPU’s) and AMD64 (47 systems with 130 CPU’s) giving a total of 1,078 CPU’s with a total of 3.4 TB RAM and an estimated performance of 10.299 Terra Flops
* Parallel program execution is available via the MPI (message passing interface) Library – Argonne’s mpich2
* The server room is protected with both a UPS for short term power fluctuations and a diesel motor generator for long term power outages
* All servers are running RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 in a Sun Grid Engine environment
* All servers are running RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 & 6 in both a Sun Grid Engine and Univa Grid Engine environment
* Fortran and C programs can be compiled to run parallel