The High Temperature Test Facility (HTTF) is a one-quarter scale test facility model of the Modular High Temperature Gas Reactor. The facility is capable of operation at 850oC (well mixed helium) with a maximum operating pressure 0f 0.8 Mpa . The nominal working fluid is helium with a heater power of approximately 600 kW although other gases can be used. The facility is configured to simulate a variety of postulated depressurized conduction cool down, pressurized conduction cool down and normal operations events. Specifically, the HTTF consists of:
• Vessel with 600kW electrically heated prismatic block core simulator
• Ceramic reflector and core regions
• Gas circulator
• Forced flow cavity cooling system
• Break valves
• Confinement simulation tank
• Instrumentation package
• Complete data acquisition system
See HTTF being assembled through sequential photos.
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.